Packing for a 7-day cruise can sometimes be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time. With activities ranging from formal dinners to zip lining in the rainforest, you could easily end up packing your whole closet to prepare!
Here’s a quick guide to help you narrow down what to bring on a 7-day cruise:
- 2 swimsuits (if you can, bring one sporty one for any active excursions)
- 1 beach cover-up (like this one)
- 1 pair of white pants or khakis (you’ll want long pants for dinner)
- 1 casual dress (for those casual port-exploration days)
- 1 formal dress (most cruise lines have at least one formal night. My advice is to bring one outfit and dress it up different if your cruise has 2 formal nights.)
- 2 pairs of shorts (one sporty that dries well, one jean short that can be paired with a nice top)
- 5-6 tops (the number you bring depends on how often you typically change clothes, what types of excursions you plan, and of course how cute you want to look! Some tops can be worn again if you pack plain t-shirts or tank tops)
- 1 sweater (for nights when the dining room is chilly!)
- 1 pair of loose pajamas (you’ll want to keep it loose for days when you’re fighting sunburn)
- 1 pair flip flops/Chacos
- 1 pair heels/dressy shoes
- 1 pair dressy sandals
- 1 baseball cap or straw hat
Of course, these are suggestions based on my own experiences cruising. Everyone’s tastes differ – but it’s always a good idea to pack light. It’s easy to do this on a cruise, especially, since the majority of the time you’ll find yourself lounging in your swimsuit!